Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Trench Map September 1918 for 16 Bn Devonshire Regt

joroti

Hi,

Seeking September 1918 editions of trench maps showing positions around Ronssoy, Orchard Post, Faustine Quarry and Bellicourt Road. These were final movements of Great Uncle who perished around 21/22 September 1918. On 21 September, the 16th Bn were attached to 231 Bde for assault launched from Bellicourt Road. It may have been this action in which he perished.

As always grateful for any assistance from members.

Regards John

Hi

Have map of the area from Feb/Mar 1918 when it was behind German lines but it shows some of the positions mentioned in the diary for September 1918. If you PM me your email address I'll scan parts

Regards

Martin

• 2 weeks later...
Hi

Have map of the area from Feb/Mar 1918 when it was behind German lines but it shows some of the positions mentioned in the diary for September 1918. If you PM me your email address I'll scan parts

Regards

Martin

Martin,

I am interested in 10th KSLI who supported the 16th Devons on 18th September 1918 and looking for trench map of the area around Ronssoy attacked that day by the two battalions. Any chance of a copy?

Regards

NeilL

Hi

Neil

If yousend me your email address I'll happily send you a copy of the sector

Regards

Martin

Hi

Neil

If yousend me your email address I'll happily send you a copy of the sector

Regards

Martin

Martin,

I don't seem to be able to PM you email address, presumably because I haven't enough posts as yet. I think I remember it has to be ten, so perhaps this is the magic one!

regards

NeilL