Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Yass and District Historical Society (NSW Australia)

Waddell

Thanks Scott, that's a treasure of a find!

Cheers

Shirley

ps Sammy is proving to be a robust character, whacks in and out of the cat door now, but very surprised by all manner of things, chickens being the latest :)

Yes wonderful site. Do the posted web photos ENLARGE though to see details or is this inability or disabling to have persons BUY the history based on the collection?

Does anyone know how well this modern Australian community based personally slanted war history is selling?

Thanks,

John

(ex-British North America)

John,

I think you do have to buy the photos if you want a larger version. I will be buying the book so can let you know a bit more about it once I receive it. As a general answer though these types of books seem popular here as a lot of Australians are interested in researching their forebears service in the AIF. I know of another recent similar great war history of another town close to Yass. I don't know how well they sell commercially.

Shirley,

Glad to hear puss is doing well.

Scott.

Thanks Scott. Any way to post the full bibliographical information on that OTHER local community based pictorial history? As a Canadian I am writing a localalized battalion history AND I am cataloguing a major photo portrait collection. Thus I am interested in the approaches, organization and purposes of similar projects.

Thanks again,

John

(ex-British North America)

John,

I'll send you a PM.

Scott

Scott: My GWF box is FULL right now. Try emailing me direct. Look for my email. If you cannot find it repost briefly here.

Thanks,

John

John,

E-mail sent. Let me know if it doesn't reach you.

Scott.

Scott: NO message was received. Try again to find my email. Otherwise I will try to email you directly if your email is indicated elsewhere on GWF.

Tx,

John

John,

Can you give me a clue where to find your e-mail address?

Scott.