Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

British war memorial project

gem22

An earlier thread on this project persuaded me to offer my services to this project. I emailed the web master via the web site but received no response. I followed the thread on the forum and saw the reply sent to some members of the Forum and so I decided to wait a little while before trying again. I sent a second email about 3 weks ago but once again I am still waiting for a response.

Has any member of the Forum had any contact with the project director? If so was it a positive response or am I wasting my time in offering my services?

Garth

The project is alive and well and progressing.

The chap in charge is very busy (work & family) and often does not communicate for long periods. However, I last heard from him a week or so ago.

The site is having extensive work done to it at the moment to enable searchability etc.

I am the co-ordinator for Sussex (and temporarily for Surrey) and have a team of eager beavers working away taking photos. The latest batch I received by email on Saturday (over four hours to download - roll on broadband at the end of the month!). Salientpoints (Ryan) is one of those beavers (no offence!).

What area do you wish to assist in?

I am in the same position as Gem22, though I did have an acknowledgement a few weeks ago.

My area is Mid Wales.

Terry

Thanks for that. I live about 25 miles north of Cambridge and should be able to cover the area bounded by Cambridge, Peterborough, Kings Lynn and Bury-St-Edmunds; and possibly more if time allows.

Garth

Salientpoints (Ryan) is one of those beavers (no offence!).

None taken Terry :) Just reminds me of 'The Naked Gun' films...

I shall be sending you a CD today if I get to the post office...when you get broadband let me know as I am already on which may aid some communications B)

Cheers

Ryan