Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Repair Ship H.M.S. Reliance

oak

Pals,

I am trying to find information on the Repair Ship H.M.S. Reliance. Wikipedia has the following entry: "H.M.S. Reliance was a repair ship, previously the civilian ship Knight Companion. She was purchased in 1912 and sold in 1919." The information is unsourced.

I would be very grateful if any Forum member could give me a source for this information and/or give me further information, please.

Regards,

Philip

Pals,

I am trying to find information on the Repair Ship H.M.S. Reliance. Wikipedia has the following entry: "H.M.S. Reliance was a repair ship, previously the civilian ship Knight Companion. She was purchased in 1912 and sold in 1919." The information is unsourced.

I would be very grateful if any Forum member could give me a source for this information and/or give me further information, please.

Regards,

Philip

#1131280 on the Miramar ship index.

RELIANCE

423 TONS, 150 [pp] x 58ft x 10 & 1/2ft, triple expansion.

Ex KNIGHT COMPANION, purchased 14/11/12, repair ship 1913-18. Portsmouth replaced FISGARD & FISGARD II when they went to Scapa Flow 08/1914. To Scapa Flow to replace FISGARD II 10/1914. Dardanelles 1915, Mudros 1918-02/1919. RFA Stores support 1916-02/1919, then to Devonport. Sold 17/12/1919, became EMANUELE ACCAME.

Sources,

Shore Establishments of the Royal Navy, by B. Warlow.

British Warships 1914 - 1919, Dittmar & Colledge.

David.

Many thanks Phil and David,

That's great.

Kind regards,

Philip

• 3 years later...