Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Map request

TEW

Hoping someone might have a decent trench map of the boxed in area of this map. It is sheet 57d and my 1:40000 lacks the detail that I need in order to make a further post on something more specific (MG ranging, dial, angle board!). As to date, should really relate to 62nd Division's time so post Feb 1917.

I think possibly what I'm looking for maybe March 1918 German Offensive although I can't place 62nd Div in this area. Hoping to find a British line/position in Q.15.a. and German line or suspected attack via the ravine in Q.17.d. just to west of River Ancre. Sorry to be elusive but a decent map may reduce number of questions for future post on ordnance.

Thanks

TW

Follow colin's advice and find the 1 to 20000 map 57D SE 1918/05 with file name 055WW1MAP.sid. I think it shows something of what you are looking for.

Jim

Jim, Colin

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Have found the maps I think I'm looking for even though their index date is slightly out (1918/04 is June). I've even noticed an 'X' in pencil where I have a suspected target or point of attack.

Thanks again

Tim