Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Memorial Museum Passchendaele

Glenn

Having been invited to the formal open ceremony of the above on behalf of Army Training Regiments, does anyone know what exhibits are on display? Is there a 'handling collection' available (as in the National Army Museum) where groups can touch/feel objects? Also does anyone know the capacity in terms of accommodating coach groups?

Regards,

Glenn

There is quite a long thread on this new museum elsewhere on the forum. It is a revamped version of the old (very good) 'Streekmuseum'. The advertising promises it that it will be a 'traditional display' (I sense a slight dig here at e.g. In Flanders Fields) but will feature a walk-through recreation of a British dugout. I shouldn't think handling will be a feature but the museum will cater for coach parties. Other Pals, including locals, will have more detailed info.

? Is there a 'handling collection' available (as in the National Army Museum) where groups can touch/feel objects? Also does anyone know the capacity in terms of accommodating coach groups?

Regards,

Glenn

Hi,

i am volunteer in the museum.

There will be a handeling collection in the future, but it will be not there at the opening.

Also parkings for coaches will be provided + a lunch accomodation will be made.

This will be done in the near future.

• 3 weeks later...

Passchendaele Memorial museum opened yesterday.

Info: Tourist Office Zonnebeke

Ieperstraat 5

8980 Zonnebeke

tel. +3251 77 04 41

Fax +3251 78 07 50

e-mail: toerisme@zonnebeke.be

Click here to find pictures of the official opening

Click here to find more info