one of the soldiers on this memorial.

pte 3787 stanley barke

royal canadian dragoons

is buried in southern cemetery,manchester

grave ref,2359

he was buried,on 9-2-1920

mack

Mack

I will report it for you if you have not done so already.

Well done

i havent reported it terry.

thought it best to put it on here.

many thanks

mack

Mack

It will be done!

hiya terry.

the exact location was found by two of our members,wendi+tony this morning

section D.CofE grave 2359

that helps to narrow it down.

mack

Mack

nice piece of work - well done

Chris

hiya terry.

mack

Mack

Is it possible to obtain a photo of the headstone, presumably it is a private family memorial.

Pete

hiya terry.

mack

hiya pete.

wendi is in touch with those who are transcribing the graves in southern cemetery,if anything turns up,i will ask her to post it on here for you.

regards mack

a bit more good news.

yesterday,we found the grave,of pte 32265 charles dunkerley

we are going to send his details to the CWGC.

hes one of our manchesters,once everything is done,we will photograph his grave and place him in our war graves section,along with a testimony of his war service.

AMEN.

pte barke wasnt from our regiment,so we decided to leave him in the care of the IFTC team,many thanks for taking care of him.

mack+the manchester group

Mack

As you've possibly seen on another thread, the MoD has at last approved our funding proposal for death certificates. It means that, within days, we'll be starting to get the certificates for the several hundred names that we've already found and can then submit them through CWGC. Once we've cleared the backlog, we'll be submitting "new finds" as we come across them in the overseas death list.

It'll be worth you (or other researchers) checking with Terry that we're not already processing a man before you lay out your own cash.

Bear in mind our project is ONLY funded to deal with in-service deaths that we discover in our checks on the GRO overseas death list or SDGW/ODGW. We can process post-discharge cases on behalf of other researchers but THEY will have to fund the death certificate.

I see that Dunkerley doesnt appear on SDGW so I presume he's a post-discharge case. Good luck with him with CWGC/MoD.

John

(Later edit: Correction......I see from his service papers that he died on 2/8/19, from meningitis whilst on demobilisation leave. He was due to leave the army on 18/8/19. The papers themselves should be sufficient evidence, without the death certificate, to send to CWGC for him to get his commemoration as a serving soldier)

Mack

As you've possibly seen on another thread, the MoD has at last approved our funding proposal for death certificates. It means that, within days, we'll be starting to get the certificates for the several hundred names that we've already found and can then submit them through CWGC. Once we've cleared the backlog, we'll be submitting "new finds" as we come across them in the overseas death list.

It'll be worth you (or other researchers) checking with Terry that we're not already processing a man before you lay out your own cash.

Bear in mind our project is ONLY funded to deal with in-service deaths that we discover in our checks on the GRO overseas death list or SDGW/ODGW. We can process post-discharge cases on behalf of other researchers but THEY will have to fund the death certificate.

I see that Dunkerley doesnt appear on SDGW so I presume he's a post-discharge case. Good luck with him with CWGC/MoD.

John

(Later edit: Correction......I see from his service papers that he died on 2/8/19, from meningitis whilst on demobilisation leave. He was due to leave the army on 18/8/19. The papers themselves should be sufficient evidence, without the death certificate, to send to CWGC for him to get his commemoration as a serving soldier)

john.

hes already in the CWGC database,but they could not locate his grave,hes one of those on the brookwood memorial.

its only the grave location that they require.

mack

john.

hes already in the CWGC database,but they could not locate his grave,hes one of those on the brookwood memorial.

its only the grave location that they require.

mack

Ah. Sorry, Mack. Actually I'd looked at CWGC and couldnt find him (but that's possibly with their website playing silly beggars at present).

General principle's there, though, about "new finds" for the future - worth a check with the Project before anyone shells out their own cash, now. We're always happy to advise.

John

John,

Glad to hear that everything has gone ahead with the MOD, keep up the good work.

Andy

one of the soldiers on this memorial.

pte 3787 stanley barke

royal canadian dragoons

is buried in southern cemetery,manchester

grave ref,2359

he was buried,on 9-2-1920

mack

one of our members,on the manchesters forum,has located and photographed stanleys grave,the photo has been posted on our forum.

mack

thanks chris.

mack

Hi Mack,

Just saw your post for Private Charles Dunkerley. I actually reported his details to the CWGC. I had managed to obtain his service records and submitted his details. I will be happy to provide the details for you. It took me six months and it actually had to be approved by the MOD. However, I couldn't find out his actual gravesite (one of my relatives in Manchester had been looking but to no avail) so I am very grateful to whoever managed to get this soldiers gravesite listed. Sincere Best Wishes, Craig...