Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Tyne Cot panoramic view

Michael

I'd like to share another photo with you from my trip last week. This time it's 6 photos stitched together taken from the memorial cross at Tyne Cot.

Michael

post-19-1080554419.jpg

Michael, Great pic..... since this is the second stiched panoramic view added recently which looks really well done, I have to ask how did you do it. Are these digital pictures or did you crop hard copies? Just curious. Andy

I have a Canon A40 digi camera and the software came with it. There is a stitch mode when you take the pictures which shows part of the last picture in the viewfinder. This allows you to line up your next shot. With the software on your pc you select the images for stitching and away it goes. Its really easy. I'm not sure if other cameras have the same facility but I will stick with Canon for this facility alone.

Michael

There is a stitch mode when you take the pictures which shows part of the last picture in the viewfinder.

Yes, my Nikon 4500 also does this, another reason I bought this one! It also is one of the few digital cameras without going SLR and big bucks, to have a bulb setting so I can take exposures up to 5 minutes

I shall be trying my panaroma mode out over easter at the salient :)

Ryan