Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Angelo Barchi

caroline@linkagecomputing.co.uk

I have found this mans family and birth registration and he was living in Wallasey Cheshire at the time of 1901 Census .I have even found his brother's papers on Ancestry but I have failed to find any military papers for him and have not traced his CWCG entry.

Any help would be welcome my powers of search have been unhappily curtailed by the lack of Geoff's wonderful search engine since he left and what appears to be my lack of observation skills

-_-

Regards Caroline

Thanks Bardess I was so convinced that he would be under UK that once again I failed and of course he was right under my nose. I did wonder if he had used his own name which lead me on the wrong path entirely.

I have found other men named who served who were born in Wallasey but served with different counties forces so I have no excuse. The draw of the sea seems to have lead to a well traveled community one of my own uncles returned from USA to serve. Others arrived to serve from other parts of the world one I found yesterday shows up as from Norway on his entry papers but I found him on the CWGC site.

Thanks again for all the help from members of the forum.

I will be back again as I still have hundreds to complete.

Regards Caroline

Thanks Northern Soul well I wasn't so wrong about him serving under a different name then I was wondering how he would have managed in the army as Angelo. His father shows up on the Census as a waiter from Switzerland.

The only other "alias" to turn up so far was man who signed up as Mc instead of Mac and gave his father as Lewis instead of Louis I thought them just mistakes at first but found he was under aged when he went over seas.

Thank you.

Regards Caroline

• 1 month later...
Guest susan Bycroft

Angelo Barchi alias Alfred Barkey was my great uncle. My grandfather (one of his brothers) was called Ernest Angelo Barchi. He had a number of brothers and sisters.

Would like to know your connection please

Regards

Sue 'B'