Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

RFA Numbers

harkerr@btinternet.com

Hi All

I'm sure some of you experts can give me some info from these two RFA numbers, e.g. date of enlistment, Kitcheners Army or conscripts(I don't think these were TF numbers from reading other threads) Brigade etc

Any information welcomed, thanks in anticipation.

Regards

Richard

Hi

Just bumping this up, in case anyone missed it!

Richard

Richard,

I'm not sure you can learn very much from RFA #'s except by comparing numbers close to yours where you already know the enlistment date.

My g'father was RFA # 41116 and his brother was RFA #39836. My g'uncle's record has survived and it shows an enlistment at Tottenham late September 1914. He had the earlier number and went to the 106th Brigade while my g'father went to the 78th Brigade.

Hi Vista

Thanks for your reply.

As you suggest I was hoping someone would appear who had similar numbers to my two.

I know very little about them and can only find their MIC's - no service records.

I'll keep hoping!

Richard

• 2 weeks later...

Richard

Try asking any one who is going to Kew to look at the actual rolls for you. It has worked for me in the past.

Paul.

Hi Paul

Well if anyone is going to Kew and has time I would be really pleased.

However I'm sure someone on the forum has enlistment dates for similar numbers, in fact I'm sure I've read a thread along these lines but b******d if I can find it now!

Heres hoping

Richard