Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Well farm

1690philip

I need help....... Could anyone tell the location of Well farm in 1915? The 1st Battalion Royal Irish Rifles were there in Oct 1915 around the 20th October. Any maps would be great to add to the research. Thanks ...... Phil.

Are you sure its Well Farm and not Wells Farm

Wells Farm Map Sheet 20SE1 Sheet nasme STANDEN Position 50deg 57.672 min North 2deg 59.018 min East Map Square P27

John

post-1365-1235753884.jpg

Using the map Chris posted as a guide, I reckon somewhere near the red marker flag.

This is from "Linesman", where I've merged two, Dec 1915 maps. Actual farm does not appear to be marked with a name on these maps.

regards

Tom

post-5284-1235759150.jpg

I need help....... Could anyone tell the location of Well farm in 1915? The 1st Battalion Royal Irish Rifles were there in Oct 1915 around the 20th October. Any maps would be great to add to the research. Thanks ...... Phil.

Map Ref N6d 10.75

Would this be its location on Google earth?

phil

It's the property just SSE of the buildings you pinpointed; it's on the east side of the Rue des Breux. Map Ref nearer N6d 10.95 The building is shown on the map as a Black square with a white centre

Regards

Martin

Thanks Martin for the help. I was not too much out... good job it was not a call for artillery...hahaha.

Regards, Phil

Glad it was of use. In 1915 I should imagine with shortages of ammunition the artillery wouldn't have been allowed to fire, so it probably would have been quite safe :)