The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

RMLI Galippoli

private78245

Hi, is it possible to find out when someone got wounded during the Galippoli campain. My father Pte Ply.16991 H.L.Trailor.RMLI. D coy. received a bayonet wound. Would this be recorded anywhere?

I have tried to contact the RM museum by phone and email but failed to get contact. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks Dave. :mellow:

There are papers for your father at the FAA Museum. It is possible that his Army Form B.103 survives among them. If so it will give the details you seek. E-mail them for copies.

Plymouth/16991; TRAILOR, HL; Enlisted 22/08/1914; Discharged SS/DEMOB; D.o.b. 30/12/1893; P.o.b. MERTHYR TYDFIL; NO SS NUMBER. DISCH UNDER CS NUMBER

He was enlisted very early in the war when it was not yet possible to enlist "for duration of the war" (Short service). In consequence he was one of many such men who were transferred to Short Service at the end of the war before demobilisation.

There are papers for your father at the FAA Museum. It is possible that his Army Form B.103 survives among them. If so it will give the details you seek. E-mail them for copies.

Plymouth/16991; TRAILOR, HL; Enlisted 22/08/1914; Discharged SS/DEMOB; D.o.b. 30/12/1893; P.o.b. MERTHYR TYDFIL; NO SS NUMBER. DISCH UNDER CS NUMBER

He was enlisted very early in the war when it was not yet possible to enlist "for duration of the war" (Short service). In consequence he was one of many such men who were transferred to Short Service at the end of the war before demobilisation.

Hi, thanks for that. I do have his papers from faa. alas no b103 form. I can't find any info on wounds though.

He used to tell us quite a story about how it happened

regards Dave.

• 8 years later...

Such a shame I have found this post so late on. Just hope this message somehow gets to you. I have a WW1 medal for HLTrailor 16991 RMLI. 

My grandmothers brother died as a POW and she got some of his letters and medals. That box came to me and I have treasured it. In the box was that medal. I have no idea how it has come into my families possession, though they did live around the Merthyr area. 

I would like to repatriate the medal to its rightful owners!