Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Maj J Muhlig MC

kelvintruss

The then Capt J Muhlig commanded 199 Machine Gun Company in 1917. The war diaries start recording him as 'MC' from June onwards, but it is not clear whther he was awarded the cross at that time or merely started to include it in his reports. How can I find what he was awarded the MC for? The only record I can find in the medal rolls shows he was previously S lancs R and 1st E Yorks, and that after the war he changed his name to Miller.

In addition to the entries Orangeblossom has provided the MC was promulgated in London Gazette #29438, 14 January 1916. Link to Gazette is Here

Lieutenant John Muhlig, East Yorkshire Regiment.

Regards

Steve

Hello Kelt, I am studying 41 Div mg units. I had come across Muhlig's name but had not yet started on individuals. Is your interest in the man or the unit ? Julian

Hello Kelt, I am studying 41 Div mg units. I had come across Muhlig's name but had not yet started on individuals. Is your interest in the man or the unit ? Julian

A bit of both really. He was my GFs company commander in F&F and as I read his war diary entries my interest was piqued n the man