Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

1/5th Y&L KIA 26 April 1918

dfaulder

With the demise of Geoff's Search Engine, any suggestions as to how I compile a list of ORs from the 1/5th Y&L who died on 26 April 1918 (I have the Officers from the War Diary)? Is there a searchable version of SDGW - if so a trip to a library might be in order.

TIA

David

Hello David,

The Soldiers Died C.D. Rom is your man. Brings the names up as quick as Geoff's Amazing Great War Search Engine (Well when it is working again). There are 17 men died that day.

Regards Mike Jones

Hi there David,

The only other quick option that i can think about is the Regimental Museum at Rotherham and see wether they have any records.

I have found the research officer there very useful in the past.

My main interest is the 7th Battalion Y&L's.

Cheers Roger.

These are the men listed on SDGW.

I covered 26-27 April 1918.

Langford: Died of Wounds on 27/04/1918. This of course could have been a previous action.

Peace: Died of Wounds on 26/04/1918. Again, this could have been a previous action.

Spencer KIA 27/04/1918.

<br />These are the men listed on SDGW.<br /><br />I covered 26-27 April 1918.<br /><br />Langford: Died of Wounds on 27/04/1918. This of course could have been a previous action. <br />Peace: Died of Wounds on 26/04/1918. Again, this could have been a previous action.<br />Spencer KIA 27/04/1918.<br />

Many thanks; I can now get a lot further with my reconciliation of the Suffolk Cemetery (Rows C & D)

David

Re Pte Cleary, James 32258 26/04/1918 1st/5th Bn Y&L - per SDGW (see previous post)

Can't find him on CWGC.

Possible:

CLEARY, F Private 55527 30/06/1918 Unknown York and Lancaster Regiment United Kingdom III. E. 24. BAGNEUX BRITISH CEMETERY, GEZAINCOURT

Any suggestions?

David

less is more when it comes to a CWGC search