Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

western front

My Uncle-- Cpl G Ansell was kia on the 21 3 1918, he lived at arlington rd camden town london nw, I am hoping to find a local paper with a photo of him, reporting his death. can anyone help please???

Kind Regards John Ansell

• 2 weeks later...

John - Missed this post first time around. He is definitely not in the pages of the St. Pancras Gazette. I have been all thr way through it from July 1914 until early 1919 and its almost devoid of photos. I havent checked other local papers in the Borough (if there were any), and I am starting to look at the parish magazines in the Borough.

Charles

John - Missed this post first time around. He is definitely not in the pages of the St. Pancras Gazette. I have been all thr way through it from July 1914 until early 1919 and its almost devoid of photos. I havent checked other local papers in the Borough (if there were any), and I am starting to look at the parish magazines in the Borough.

Charles

Hi Charles,

Once again thank you for your efforts, I was

thinking of going to the newspaper musuem at, colindale at some time in the future,but I think that will now go on the back burner. I wonder are there other local newspapers in camden town during 1918? bye john