Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Drunken Disorderly Division

Desmond7

I firmly believe no one had/will be 'having a go' in this thread .. I feel strongly, others feel strongly .. we make our points and members like Centurion, who I will give full credit to for responding to this thread and providing material for debate, are doing exactly what this forum is here to satisfy .

That is a thirst to debate topics of Great War interest.

We may disagree, but I would rather have a good cyber-barney with useful information and decent cut'n'thrust than mess about with a subject which did not inspire such efforts.

Only one way to end this one ... keep on arguing and 'Quis Separabit' (in the true sense)

Des,

Couldn't agree with you more. The whole idea of a forum is to discuss the subjects we have an interest in.

Roxy,

I never said the Division was perfect, in mine and Des' earlier posts we just pointed out that their discipline record was actually better than other Irish regular or new army, with the possible exception of the 9th Royal Irish Rifles, even then

My last post asked if there was evidence to suggest that they were any worse than any other Unit, thereby acknowledging there may have been an element of unruly behaviour, but certainly nothing to make out they were unusual.

Because a man reads a bible doesn't mean he won't take a drink! He can still be a good man!

Rob

Rob,

I agree entirely! As stated, the only information purporting to offer any evidence to the contrary was supplied by centurian and refuted by you. My statement was in support of Des; whilst acknowledging that the information supplied by centurian regarding individuals may have had credence; however, in my opinion was insuffient evidence to blacken the name of the Division as a whole.

Roxy