Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

American Dead

Guest Simon Bull

Guest Simon Bull

Could anyone tell me whether there is an equivalent, online, of the CWGC database in relation to American casualties in the Great War?

Simon Bull.

Only lists those buried overseas or missing/ no known grave or at sea.

And of these, only those who are actually in ABMC care. The US servicemen in, for example, CWGC plots or elsewhere aren't listed on this site.

Dave.

Simon....

Are you looking for someone who might be buried in Arlington? A couple of weekends ago I was walking through the cemetery and found a huge WWI section. There is also a great, and easily searchable database to find servicemen, and sometime spouses and children.

Andy

'Soldiers of the Great War' was an attemp to list every casualty of the US forces for ww1. I dont think it is complete as there were some names I have searched for without success. It is a three volume set and can often be bought on ebay. I have a set and will look up for you. It gives name, Location of enlistment, State and type of death.i.e. Died of Disease, died of Accident. These then can be backed up by information from the National Archives.

Tom.

Guest Simon Bull

Andy

Thanks for letting me know re Arlington. In fact I was looking for details re the man named Rambo who I have referred to in another thread and I found him on the database I have been referred to.

Simon Bull

RAMBO, Ben M., St. Louis., MISSOURI, Lieutenant, KILLED IN ACTION

RAMBO, Ben M., St. Louis., MISSOURI, Lieutenant, KILLED IN ACTION

Guest Simon Bull

Andy,

Thanks for the kind offer. However, I am hoping to visit the cemetery at Easter myself, which should enable me to get any photographs I need.

Simon Bull

Excellent! Hope you enjoy your visit. Arlington and the whole DC area are great places to visit, especially in the spring time.

Let me know when you are in town, maybe we can get lunch. There is a great restaurant in Georgetown with lots of WWI posters all along the walls. Replicas I am sure, but they create a great atmosphere.

Andy