Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

62nd Bde, RFA, Loos/12th Siege Battery, Guillemont

bogesy

I am researching two artillery officers and would greatly appreciate help in doing so.

The first of these is one Major George V. Ormesby. He seems to have served in the 62nd Bde, RFA, during the battle of Loos in 1915 (I unfortunately have no more specific information than this). I would like to know as much as I can about the activities of the brigade artillery between September 1 and November 15, 1915, above all anything that concerns the fighting around the Hohenzollern Redoubt--I have a map of his of the Hohenzollern Redoubt that is dated October 21.

The second officer is Captain A.C. Heaslop, who was assigned to the 12th Siege Battery, RGA. I would most like to know about the movements and activities of this Battery during the Autumn of 1915 (Heaslop was mentioned in despatches at that time) and during July-September 1916 (his papers make it clear that he was greatly concerned with Guillemont, Ginchy, and Falfemont Farm during that span--presumably the 12th was involved with their bombardment).

Any help that anyone could supply would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Josh