Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Saving maps to PDA or memory card

Len Trim

Hi all,

have become totally unable to get laptop to recognise PDA for some reason. Something has changed! No worries thinks I new computer has card slot. What command do you use to save to a card as all I seem to be able to get is a wee 2k file that means nothing?

Len

Len

I think you should contact Linesman through their website. I am sure that they will be able to help. There might be an issue because a new Windows PC will have a more recent package for linking to your PDA, and you may have to address that.

Keith

I use "Microsoft ActiveSync " to interface the pc to the pda with the card in, the file is available on the internet...

Hope it helps

regards

Tom

Active Synch works up to Windows XP, if your laptop uses Vista there is a replacement programme called Windows Mobile. I have Linesman on my laptop, running XP and connect like Tom with ActiveSynch, but I also have for my sins another, actually older pda, that links happily to the desktop using the Windows Mobile system. With my previous PC the PDA would only work with ActveSynch if it was fully charged! I never worked out why, and I often needed several reboots of PC and PDA to achieve a connection.

If you haven't tried rebooting the PDA immediately before attempting connection to a clean launch of ActiveSynch - ie after the PC has been rebooted to clear any memory of failed connection attempts, then that might be worth a try.

Good luck

Keith

Hi all,

have become totally unable to get laptop to recognise PDA for some reason. Something has changed! No worries thinks I new computer has card slot. What command do you use to save to a card as all I seem to be able to get is a wee 2k file that means nothing?

Len

Len,

I've sent you a PM

I think I need a few more details as to what exactly you have changed.

Let me know and I will help you sort it out.

Not on this forum though.

Guy

Hi folks,

just to let you know that I am now successfully and easily saving maps to a memory card although I still can not establish a connection to the PC with my PDA, but fortunately that is no longer really necessary.

Thanks for your very helpful input. This year I will not get lost on the Loos battlefield :-))

Len

Just as an update. Thanks to Guy of Linesman fame I can now connect PC to PDA. To do so I have to switch off both ZoneAlarm and AVG8. Obviously something only to be done when disconnected from the Web.

Computers--there not worth the paper they are written on as Homer once said.

Len

Just as an update. Thanks to Guy of Linesman fame I can now connect PC to PDA. To do so I have to switch off both ZoneAlarm and AVG8. Obviously something only to be done when disconnected from the Web.

Computers--there not worth the paper they are written on as Homer once said.

Len

It wasn't me Len! I never touched it,

You did it all yourself! :lol:

Guy