manchester terrier

Keep up the good work here Baz. Your links are very useful

• 1 month later...
came across this lot

Ruhleben Camp books

cheers

baz

Hi Baz,

I have looked at this link and read quite a few pages from one of the books. I tried to download one of the books as a pdf file and it went through the motions of doing this. But then I could not find it on my computer!! As I am not very good on the computer can you tell me if it is possible to download these books and if so, how should I do it?

Andrew

Andrew,

This should be a straight forward process. I have downloaded loads. If you select the PDF file it should cone up with a box giving you options to "open" or "save" etc. You can either open it and then save it or save it directly in which case you get the standard option for renaming the file and choosing the directory.

If you have done this then perhaps it is being saved in a location you have not looked in so select again and see where it saves it to.

Doug

Andrew,

This should be a straight forward process. I have downloaded loads. If you select the PDF file it should cone up with a box giving you options to "open" or "save" etc. You can either open it and then save it or save it directly in which case you get the standard option for renaming the file and choosing the directory.

If you have done this then perhaps it is being saved in a location you have not looked in so select again and see where it saves it to.

Doug

Thanks for your answer. I click into the left hand pane and choose pdf which then downloads and says 'done'. I can view the download 'on screen'.(It doesn't then go to anything that says open or save to). But when I click on'file' on my top bar it doesn't give me the option to 'open' or 'save to' as you normally would get. I have searched the 'downloads' folder and put in a general search through all folders and files and my download doesn't show up. This makes me think that I am not doing something right in the first place. I would appreciate any thoughts on the matter - it's very frustrating so far...Andrew

Thanks for your answer. I click into the left hand pane and choose pdf which then downloads and says 'done'. I can view the download 'on screen'.(It doesn't then go to anything that says open or save to). But when I click on'file' on my top bar it doesn't give me the option to 'open' or 'save to' as you normally would get. I have searched the 'downloads' folder and put in a general search through all folders and files and my download doesn't show up. This makes me think that I am not doing something right in the first place. I would appreciate any thoughts on the matter - it's very frustrating so far...Andrew

Hi Doug,

The combined brains of the Family (99.9% my wife) have cracked it!!!!! Please ignore my last message. many thanks

Andrew