Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Frank Forsyth from Dun Laoghaire Co. Dublin

stillorgan boy

Hello All,

I know this is a shot in the dark but I am looking for information on my great uncle Frank Forsyth from Dun Laoghaire (Kingstown back then) who served with the Irish Guards during the great war, he survived the war and on his return to Dun Laoghaire helped many a returning veteran. I have little of no information on him any help would be greatly appreciated.

Gary

Hi Gary,

Here's a stater for you... his Medal Index Card (MIC). Looks like he was entitled to the BWM & Victory pair and the Silver War Badge (for wounds etc received).

Les

f1ml0.jpg

He's listed in the 1911 census for Dublin as a printer's apprentice aged 19. Parents were William and Kate Forsyth:-

http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/reels/nai000242725/

Address is 30 Cross Avenue in the Parish of Monkstown. DED is Kingstown No 3.

It's always worth takng out a subscription to the short subscription (24 hrs) to the Irish Times or Irish newspaper archive which may give you some information.

Mark

• 5 years later...
Guest maryneeforsyth

Hi Gary

I am also looking for information on Frank he is my grandad i found his war record and after leaving the irish guards he became a printers apprentice in his dads printing works in dunlaoghaire 15 lower georges street.

• 1 year later...