Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Trench 31. between Hill 60 and Ravine Wood

mebu

Would anyone have please map showing Trench 31, just south of Hill 60 (probably opposite the German Impact and Imperial trenches, in square 34/35. Doing some work on trench raid from Trench 31 in May 1915. Many Thanks, Peter

• 9 months later...

Mebu, not sure if we've already been in touch because I responded to a similar request some time ago. If you haven't yet received a map with this trench it is possible I have one.

Regards

John

I must be getting old! I'm going back to sea tonight, hope I can remember who has the charts!!!!!!!

John

• 4 months later...
Would anyone have please map showing Trench 31, just south of Hill 60 (probably opposite the German Impact and Imperial trenches, in square 34/35. Doing some work on trench raid from Trench 31 in May 1915. Many Thanks, Peter

Was this a raid on "The Bean"? I'd be very interested in a description of the units involved and what happened, if you'd be so kind!

Hugh

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry, only just seen this.

No reference to The Bean, 2nd Manchesters refers to raid on enemy traverse opposite Trench 32 on May 18th '15. Also mentioned are 59 REs and Cornwalls. No other info,

Peter