Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Royal Ordanance Factory

Conor Dodd

I bought a badge in a local market with a circle and Royal Ordanace Factory around the outside and in the middle 3 cannons and 13 on the bottom on the back is T.L.M. Ltd. B'Ham and the number 5773. Any ideas what it is for and is it First World War ????

Conor :huh:

• 2 years later...

I am digging again.....

Found this thread and thought I'd bring it up to see if anyone has an answer. Andy

Royal Ordnace Factory around the outside and in the middle 3 cannons and 13 on the bottom on the back is T.L.M. Ltd. B'Ham and the number 5773. Any ideas what it is for and is it First World War ????

It sounds like an Ordnance Workers Badge,TLM is the maker [one of many] The number is the issue number{ie the owner/wearer} a security {& no doubt staff controlling} measure."13" is I suspect the Factory Number,I have a similar one the Factory is "6" & issue number 1905.I am not sure of the vintage,they appear to be of a later era,WW2??,The WW1 types are more usually of the "War Service" & dated Varieties {1914.15 & 16} or those of Private companies.

The ROF badge pictured is WWII. The badge was issued between 1940 and 1942.

The number on the front identifies the factory. Number 3 was ROF Birtley, number 6 ROF Cardonald.

Regards

Matt