Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Cabinet Papers free to download at National Archives

Gibbo

Apologies if this has been posted before but I saw it on ww2talk whilst this site was offline.

The National Archives has now made Cabinet Papers from 1915-77 available for free download. The papers relevant to WWI, or at least those that have come up in my searches, seem to come from CAB 23, which gives War Cabinet Conclusions and Imperial War Cabinet Minutes and CAB 24, containing memos.

Link to Cabinet Papers online

I've been downloading all morning, great stuff, my printer is hot.

Great link thanks.

Regards.

Tom.

Thanks for the heads up - would have missed it otherwise at this busy time. Off to download a few hundred things now!! :P

Jim

I seem to recal that some of the papers relating to the writing of the Official Histories are contained somewhere within the CAB series.
Yes, they are in CAB 44 and CAB 45.

I have just spent a useful hour digging around and can't find anything from those two classes, though there looks to be lots of material in CAB 24 referring to the writing of the OH and matters arising.

Thanks for flagging that up. Bill - thanks for pointing out that Geddes paper, that and others on recruiting are great stuff.

Edited by Charles Fair

HI all

I think these are selections from Cabinet minutes and memoranda - ie some of the stuff discussed in the full Cabinet, rather than all the stuff discussed in Cabinet or the Cabinet series (such as the Official Histories, sub Committees etc) tho' I may be wrong. Still lots of good stuff in here. Thanks for the pointer (printer now glowing red hot)