Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Cecil Baillie QMAAC

welshdoc

Cecile???

The 1901 census does bring up a Cecil M. Baillie the daughter of a solicitor, living in South-East London, born in 1899. So could fit, although it makes her quite young to be in France.

Sue

Cecil seems to be a perfectly acceptable Victorial Christian name as in the authoress of The Reason Why, Cecil Woodham Smith (born 1896). However it came as something of a shock to me at the age of 15 in the 1960's to find that this was a lady. Ladies didn't write good military history (at least, not in my sheltered little world of the innocent early sixties).

Ian

I must admit I thought it was Cecile or Cecelia, but prehaps it was indeed Cecil. If as such a female I cannot understand why the huge (monetary) value placed on this particular group.

I must admit I thought it was Cecile or Cecelia, but prehaps it was indeed Cecil. If as such a female I cannot understand why the huge (monetary) value placed on this particular group.

Me neither. Not a casualty. Just an ordinary pair to the QMAAC. Amazing what can happen when two people have a yen for the same item in an auction.