Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

IFTC seeks ODGW owner for fun and mutual satisfaction

John_Hartley

Pals

The next stage of the project is to check ODGW for any "missings". We know that there will be a duplication of effort here as, in due course, we'll also have to check the GRO Overseas Deaths list. However, it will pick up home deaths and, hopefully, reduce the amount of fiddling around with the GRO.

Kevin O'Neill has taken the lead on this but would welcome the help if any members who have a copy a ODGW to crosscheck names against CWGC. I will issue volunteers with their batches (of around 1000 names) . Kevin tells me there's just over 40,000 names so shouldnt take too long to complete.

If you're interested, please post here.

And, of course, if you're interested in joining the group of volunteers already checking the main GRO, please email or PM me.

John

John

I will cross check my times list against ODGW & will forward results to Kevin as necessary - I have only being looking for deaths at home on present sweep through the Times - & if you want a grave finding you know the man to call :D

John - I may be able to give some assistance (having ODGW (and similar) in several formats - and, yes, there are some differences!) but...and I've been racking my brains here, so sorry if I'm missing something really obvious...what on earth does "IFTC" mean? :huh:

Dave.

Dave

In from the Cold

Chris

Ah! I see - Cheers Chris. (google only threw up International flight Training centres, or International fire training centre's, etc - which only confused me more! :lol: )