Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Lt Donald Heriot Anson Cheers - East Surrey Regt?

Anthony Gorst

Hi all

Posted info on Lt Cheers (MIC gives him as 23rd Royal Fusiliers, 2nd Lt East Surreys and RFC/RAF) here

http://1914-1918.invisionzone.com/forums/i...p;#entry1057636

His service record only relates to the Royal Fusiliers. Another forum member has pointed me in the direction of the possible location of his RAF records. This leaves his possible East Surrey connection - Any experts out there? Any info much appreciated.

AG

Did you get any info from an Officer's Service File in WO339/112016 at Kew Archives ? This is for a D CHEERS. There is another file in WO374/13410 for an HA CHEERS,might there be a connection there too ?

Sotonmate

AG

Did you get any info from an Officer's Service File in WO339/112016 at Kew Archives ? This is for a D CHEERS. There is another file in WO374/13410 for an HA CHEERS,might there be a connection there too ?

Sotonmate

Sotonmate

On the ball as ever for D Cheers! On the list for a check at Kew: I'm not sanguine however as MIC on Ancestry gives H A Cheers as RASC. There is a brother killed with South Lancs in Sept 1915 Robert Anson Vlassow according to CWGC: Anson appears to be the family's chosen middle name (possible naval connection?). Don't know where Vlassow comes from as the 1901 Census has the father from Chester and the mother from Burnley.