Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

20th (Public Schools) Battalion Royal Fusiliers

wainfleet

EDITED 16 OCTOBER 2013. Unfortunately I no longer have this war diary. I lost the data in a PC crash and didn't reorder the diary as I discovered that the person I was researching had served in a different battalion.

I have the war diary for this unit from May 1916 to April 1917 incl. Happy to send it or do lookups. By all means reply here, but I suggest you PM me if you are in a hurry as I may not return to this subforum immediately.

W.

• 2 months later...

Just bumping this up in case anyone who might be interested missed it first time round. (3 takers so far.)

• 1 year later...

Just bumping this up in case anyone who might be interested missed it first time round. (3 takers so far.)

Hi Wainfleet,

I've no idea how to use this forum, and am apparently not allowed to send a PM but!! -

My grandfather (Theodore Fischer) joined the 20th Royal Fusiliers in Manchester in 1915, and was injured in France where he was taken as POW.

I do not have details of when he was taken POW but have a program of a Christmas Entertainment by the POW's at Wetfallen II camp for 1917.

I would be very pleased if you could forward a copy of the war diaries you hold.

Thanks a lot.

Best Regards

Baldrick

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Wainfleet,

I've no idea how to use this forum, and am apparently not allowed to send a PM but!! -

My grandfather (Theodore Fischer) joined the 20th Royal Fusiliers in Manchester in 1915, and was injured in France where he was taken as POW.

I do not have details of when he was taken POW but have a program of a Christmas Entertainment by the POW's at Wetfallen II camp for 1917.

I would be very pleased if you could forward a copy of the war diaries you hold.

Thanks a lot.

Best Regards

Baldrick

Diaries for:

33 DIVISION, 19 INFANTRY BRIGADE: 2 Battalion Royal Welsh Fusiliers 1915 Dec. - 1917 Dec. / 18 Battalion Royal Fusiliers 1915 Nov. - 1916 Feb. / 20 Battalion Royal Fusiliers 1915 Nov. - 1918 Feb. ...........

Now available as pdf at Natonal Archives for £ 3.50.

http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/documentsonline/details-result.asp?Edoc_Id=8199411&queryType=1&resultcount=1

Many more available no doubt.

Cheers

Baldrick