Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

S Mayer

zippy.72

Continuing to trace people on memorial.

Can only find 2 S Mayer entries on CWGC, one of whom was from Lancs, the other being;

Samuel Mayer Corporal 86428

173rd Tunnelling Co RE

This guy won DCM and would hope he is my guy. I have checked LG with no success (could never get on with it). Anybody care to shed any light on this?

Hi Tim,

Can't help you with who this guy is but i do know of someone who is researching the Warsop war memorial. I may have his email address somewhere, i am sure he can give you the names of those who are on the memorial

Hi Tim,

Did have it through my website email, but it seems that it has been deleted for some reason. I will see if i can dig anything up mate

Hi Tim,

Did have it through my website email, but it seems that it has been deleted for some reason. I will see if i can dig anything up mate

Thanks-have sent a PM

Tim

Continuing to trace people on memorial.

Can only find 2 S Mayer entries on CWGC, one of whom was from Lancs, the other being;

Samuel Mayer Corporal 86428

173rd Tunnelling Co RE

This guy won DCM and would hope he is my guy. I have checked LG with no success (could never get on with it). Anybody care to shed any light on this?

I can't find a Medal Index Card to confirm he won the DCM (although clearly indicated on the CWGC entry).

Andy.

I can't find a Medal Index Card to confirm he won the DCM (although clearly indicated on the CWGC entry).

Andy.

I found it last night on Ancestry