Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Old Contempibles Association

n cherry

Hopefully this will be of interest......at the head of the veterans parade in Ypres last Tuesday was Bert from the Essex PRA with the standard of the Braintree branch of the OCA.......if there is sufficent interest I will put up how he got hold of the standard.....

Two images below.....

20081114_21.jpg

20081114_20.jpg

You can't tease us like that!!!

Here's one who would like to hear the story, please.

(with more than a passing interest.....Mother born in Sible Hedingham...brought up in Stisted.....and my Grandmother lived in High Garrett)

Bruce

Bruce,

Need to go out in the next few mniutes but will post the story......are we aware of any other standards from the OCA still around i.e. not under glass or in museums......

I have only ever seen examples under glass.

As you might know I started a thread to get them out for 2014, not all agreed, but I didn't think they would. Very nice to see.

Gareth

The standard was 'found' by a vicar in a church in Essex (not on show) and he was gonig to throw it away when he recalled Bert who carries the standard for the Essex PRA and gave him a call....Bert was delighted to take it 'off his hands' and save this small piece of history and perhaps even more importantly was prepared take it to Ypres and show it.....

Gareth,

Is there a list of those which are known to be still be around????