Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Galipoli

jckl

My father was in the Inniskillen Fusileers at Galipoli, from first to last, I have his medal history which shows both the skins and Irish Fusileers, I have tried to find his service record without success, is there any way that I can find it or would it be one that was destroyed. Until the day he died he received a bunch of shamrock on the 17th March

Hi JCKL, and welcome to the forum. Please post your father's name and any other details you have, and I'm sure that more info will be forthcoming

Alan

His name was Edwin Hayes army No 17200 Inniskillen Fusileers. there is also on his campaign medal list

Royal Irish Fusileers No 49775 whether he was transfered to them I don't know he never mentioned it I do know he was very proud to have been a SKIN. He used to tell me of the horrors of Galipoli, although he served in many other battles that was the one that stayed with him John

John - I know you've said you already have the medal card, but here it is for the benefit of other pals who may be able to help. I haven't been able to find his service record on Ancestry.com

Alan

post-2705-1226775354.jpeg

John - I know you've said you already have the medal card, but here it is for the benefit of other pals who may be able to help. I haven't been able to find his service record on Ancestry.com

Alan

thank you alan, I have that document, would the reference to the Irish Fuileers mean that he had been transfered to them at some time, I wonder do the Inniskillens have a regimental archive. John