The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

SINKING OF THE TROOPSHIP ivernia

nosaj

Pals, When on the 1/1/17 the troopship IVERNIA was sunk among the troops being on board for transit was the 1/5 Batt royal scots fusiliers, The Batt lost approx 12 soldiers thro drowning, My grandfather I think was on board at the time and I am trying to establish that he was so what I am asking is A MUSTER LIST MUST HAVE BEEN TAKEN REGARDING THE R.S.F so does it still exist and where would it be now. Thanks Chris

Chris

Deja Vu ! I remember this occurring before here,earlier this year ? There were casualties listed from the crew,and from at least two military units. Try a search at top right.

Sotonmate

If you make contact/telephone the Commonwealth War Graves Commission they will undertake to trace all mentions of "Ivernia" and supply all information linked with it.

Incidentally, my grandfather's half-brother was one of those who drowned on 1st January 1917.

Rob

If you make contact/telephone the Commonwealth War Graves Commission they will undertake to trace all mentions of "Ivernia" and supply all information linked with it.

Incidentally, my grandfather's half-brother was one of those who drowned on 1st January 1917.

Rob

Thanks to sotonmate

and yourself for the advice and have contacted c.w.g.c. Chris