Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

RMS Olympic in war colours

titanicboss

Hiya guys i know we all like war but dose any of you guys have any more pictures of the HMT olympic during world war one as at the time liners played a huge part in the war?

i was wondering as the only piece i sem to find in regards to world war one and war art for the HMT Olympic is the one below there is many photographs of her in her war colours but no colour paintings can anyone help?

Hi C E

How about these,

Jon

post-15439-1226630828.jpg

post-15439-1226630849.jpg

Thank you jon that is really good that is really helpfull

Many Thanks

Chris

I have found some more pictures of the HMT Olympic in world war 1

olympic30.jpg

olympic34.jpg

olympic33.jpg

Or if you like to see more pictures of the Olympic letme know by emailing me at titanicboss1@googlemail.com or titanicboss@hotmail.co.uk

Or you could come direxct to our website/forums at grsao.com/forums or www.ntrg.grsao.com

Those diagrams are helpful, but be aware they were only intended to show the camouflage pattern and are not accurate depictions of the colours used. The actual paints were called out on the diagram by names such as No. 4 Grey, No. 2 Olive, etc.

Olympic wore two 'dazzle' schemes during the war. The first is shown in the drawings and photos above (probably from late 1917 to August 1918), and the second was a striped pattern (August to end of 1918). A painting of this pattern can be seen here: http://www.vac-acc.gc.ca/images/youthcorne...t/full-ship.jpg

Regards, Ralph

Those diagrams are helpful, but be aware they were only intended to show the camouflage pattern and are not accurate depictions of the colours used. The actual paints were called out on the diagram by names such as No. 4 Grey, No. 2 Olive, etc.

Olympic wore two 'dazzle' schemes during the war. The first is shown in the drawings and photos above (probably from late 1917 to August 1918), and the second was a striped pattern (August to end of 1918). A painting of this pattern can be seen here: http://www.vac-acc.gc.ca/images/youthcorne...t/full-ship.jpg

Regards, Ralph

Hiya Ralph

Thank you very much i do agree its just a diagram its trying to know the true colours becuase of my Remote Control Olympic that i am currntily building and want to do her in war colours.

If you would liek to talk to me in further deapth

feel free to email me at titanicboss1@googlemail.com

Many Thanks

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you ralph thats really helpfull and has helped loads

many thanks

Chris