Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Looking at a census

centurion

How does one go about looking at the census for 1901? I want to check to see if a great uncle of mine had an unusual middlename, if so then I've found his MIC. If I should have known to look elsewhere for the answer - I'm sorry but any help would be appreciated.

I'd be happy to do a look up for you on Ancestry if you don't have access - what are his details?

Several possible ways:

1. pay for one of the family history accessible websites (several compete in this market)

2. Go to your nearest library with computers and you may get FREE access to Ancestry

3. Ask here for someone with access to the same site(s) to look for you, and post as much detail as you can - name, address or nearest possible, year of birth, other family members likely to be at same address.

D

Hi Centurion

What is the name your looking for ?

Not all middle names are entered on the census only initial or in some cases pet names.

If you subscribe to Ancestry or Genealogist sites then it's a straight forward name search, or you can pay per view on the 1901 site.

If you want a look up just say.

Mel

Thanks to all for the offers - I'll pull the family address off my other (almost dead) PC and post