Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Italian cemetery

high wood

Another Italian postcard, showing the grave of Guido Maifreni of the 12th Bersagliere Regiment, who was Killed in Action on the 4th December 1917, who is buried in the Redipuglia War Cemetery. The postcard has a long message on the back which I am unable to read.

post-6480-1225640773.jpg

post-6480-1225640818.jpg

Another Italian postcard, showing the grave of Guido Maifreni of the 12th Bersagliere Regiment, who was Killed in Action on the 4th December 1917, who is buried in the Redipuglia War Cemetery. The postcard has a long message on the back which I am unable to read.

Essentially it is a plea for people to give money for the maintenance of war cemeteries, starting of with a statement that we gave all for our country and the reply is that the country (patria) owes everything to you (ie te dead). The rest is rather high faluting stuff and I could translate it for you when I am next to a printer, but essentially calls on financial help. The initials at the the end I assume are those of the Italian equivalent of the CWGC or one of its early incarnations - at the moment I cannot recall what the name is now. They possibly stand for (translated, of course) Official Committee for War Graves and Cemeteries.