The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

T. Reynolds Royal Welch Fusiliers 14349

Alibear27

I've recently been given a set of Great War medals by a relative with the above on them. We are unsure where they came from and the name is unfamiliar. Please can anyone tell me any more about him or the best way to find out?

Thanks

Thomas Reynolds, entered France 5.9.1915, demobbed 18.3.1919. The number indicates that he might have served with the 11th battalion, but this is not a certainty, though the date of entry fits with the 11th as well. THey ended their war in Salonika. It can be checked using the medal roll reference on the Medal Index card.

He was entitled to a trio, so I hope that is the medals you got.

/Lars

From the long, long trail:

11th (Service) Battalion:

Formed at Wrexham on 18 October 1914 as part of K3 and attached to 67th Brigade, 22nd Division. Moved to Seaford and by December 1914 was in billets in St leonards. Returned to Seaford April 1915 but moved on to Aldershot in June 1915. Landed in Farnce early September 1915 but by 5 November 1915 was at Salonika.

Thanks Lars. I have the medal roll references. Forgive my ignorance, but where would i check these against for more info? Is there on line info or would I need to do it in person?

Thanks

Unfortunately not on line, it needs a visit or a researcher. Not sure if it can be ordered by email for a fee, perhaps someone else can help on that.

The info would probably only be battalion(s) served with, not any dates or other details.

/Lars