Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Arderlu Wood

k.skinner

Hi all,

Can anyone please tell me where Arderlu Wood is, the wood is mentioned in the war diary for

150th HB-RGA during Dec 1916 with what looks like a map ref.- B.11.c.20.98, till now cant

seem to locate it, any help much appreciated,

Thanks Keith.

Keith

Arderlu Wood is located spread across two map squares B5 and B11 on Map Sheet 62CNW2 Bouchavesnes see attached map.

John

post-1365-1223507413.jpg

Keith

Arderlu Wood is located spread across two map squares B5 and B11 on Map Sheet 62CNW2 Bouchavesnes see attached map.

John

Hi John,

Thankyou for your reply and map thats great,if you'll indulge me a bit more,there is also a mention of Ville Wood, can find Delville ok but not Ville, if they are not one of the same then your help in locating Ville would be much appreciated again,

Regards Keith.

Keith

At the moment I am in the middle of writing a Gazetter of the Western Front so it was comparatively easy to locate, I found Villa Wood and Ville Wood I went for Ville Wood in Map Sheet 62CNE1 Lieramont see attached map portion.

John

post-1365-1223545479.jpg

Keith

At the moment I am in the middle of writing a Gazetter of the Western Front so it was comparatively easy to locate, I found Villa Wood and Ville Wood I went for Ville Wood in Map Sheet 62CNE1 Lieramont see attached map portion.

John

John,

Thanks again, hope i'm not interrupting your writing too much, with ref. to the last map where

is Arderlu Wood in relation to Ville Wood, to quote the war diary 150 H Bty positioned at Arderlu

engaged an enemy ammunition column on road near Ville Wood, and the next day a large

working party was dispersed by fire near Ville Wood just off the Nurlu - Moislains road.

Regards Keith.

Keith

Map Sheet 62CNW2 is the next map sheet to the left, i,e, maps in sequence 62CNW2 then 62CNE1 see attached Map Key.

John

post-1365-1223558875.jpg

Keith

Map Sheet 62CNW2 is the next map sheet to the left, i,e, maps in sequence 62CNW2 then 62CNE1 see attached Map Key.

John

John,

Many thanks for all that, great stuff!,

Best regards, Keith.