Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Poppy wreaths?

fotonix

Hello,

I'm really surprised at how difficult it seems to be to source poppy wreaths online. My local British Legion is largely inactive, so there's not much doing there.

Anyone know of decent suppliers who can send within the UK?

Thanks,

John.

Have you tried the WFA?

Jon

I have now! Although I did eventually get through to someone who could help, it's very disjointed and doesn't leave a very good impression, making you wonder how much money they/RBL must lose out on through having such rubbish lines of communication and poor websites leading to dead-ends in many cases. Not very military at all!

J.

Send a pm to HarryBetts DCMMM on this forum - he will sort things out for you.

Send a pm to HarryBetts DCMMM on this forum - he will sort things out for you.

I will try that! Here is the order form and catalogue I got from the RBL if anyone is interested, reproduced at large size so you can read it properly. To be honest, I think I'll try HarryBetts DCM MM first! I suppose I did one good deed today in giving the RBL some feedback on their rubbish promotion of wreaths, which the office claimed to have sent to the Head of the Poppy Appeal. Let's hope someone takes notice! If you look at the bottom of the order form, it seems they haven't updated the 'prices' since 2006 - even with today's inflation figures. Tsch!

5990546_1baf26aac5_b.jpg

5990677_92845ef753_b.jpg

I'm glad that fotonix posted the info as I've never had any problems getting poppy wreaths and poppy crosses for my visits to cemeteries from the site mentioned.

John;

Reply PM sent.

regards Roger{HB}

Orders ordered many thanks GWF Members on behalf Guyhirn Branch RBL PA 2008/9

Hello,

I'm really surprised at how difficult it seems to be to source poppy wreaths online. My local British Legion is largely inactive, so there's not much doing there.

Anyone know of decent suppliers who can send within the UK?

Thanks,

John.

Poppyscotland new haig house logie green road edinburgh eh7 4hr www.poppyscotland.org.uk give my regards to all in faun llangefni

Its easier to just order over the phone 01622 717172.

Mick

• 3 months later...

Is there a list available of the 3,000 badges they have available?

That would make interesting reading.

Cheers,

Nigel

Thanks for initiating this topic John, I'm intending to acquire a couple for my next trip.

Mick

I ordered two wreaths from HarryBetts DCMMM before I made my trip to the UK and the items were waiting for me when I arrived. Great Service. Thanks again Roger.

Cheers Rob.

Rob you can order your Scots poppies and wreaths from here...without the wee green bit of course ;)

http://www.ladyhaigpoppyfactory.org.uk/main/wreaths.htm

Rob you can order your Scots poppies and wreaths from here...without the wee green bit of course ;)

http://www.ladyhaigpoppyfactory.org.uk/main/wreaths.htm

Charlie for a minute i thought that you was going to spend money there, I put the eve/times on alert but cancelled when I seen I had read it wrong.

Dan :lol:

Charlie for a minute i thought that you was going to spend money there, I put the eve/times on alert but cancelled when I seen I had read it wrong.

Dan :lol:

Och Dan you know you do me a dishonour as it well know that us Parkheid Boys grow up with wee short arms and very deep pockets... :rolleyes:

Och Dan you know you do me a dishonour as it well know that us Parkheid Boys grow up with wee short arms and very deep pockets... :rolleyes:

Ouch Charlie I was brought up near Parkheid I never failed to give when the Parkheid boys grabbed me pocket money Rigby Street rules :lol:

Dan

Ouch Charlie I was brought up near Parkheid I never failed to give when the Parkheid boys grabbed me pocket money Rigby Street rules :lol:

Dan

Well Dan it is good to know that at a very early age 'if you had it you would've gave it'...