Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Gunner Samuel George Saywell

Guest Malta

Hi, I have been searching for information on my Great-Grandfather Samuel George Saywell for several years. After many attempts at trying to locate any information on him, I was successful in finding him through the WWI Medal Rolls which states his regiment and rank.

Can anyone provide me with any information on the 121st Heavy Battery, Royal Garrison Artillery? He was also stationed in Dardanelles, Turkey during the Chanak Crisis at Christmas 1922.

Any information at all would be helpful.

Can anyone provide me with any information on the 121st Heavy Battery, Royal Garrison Artillery?

Malta: Go to this link: http://www.matthew.pattman.org/roads/ and you will find [/b] Dads

Diaries, a Gunners Experience in the War, 1914-1918 which is a day to day diary of a Gunner in the 121st Heavy Battery, RGA. It runs for over 100 pages and should provide an excellent source of material on that battery. Regards. Dick Flory

• 5 years later...
Hi, I have been searching for information on my Great-Grandfather Samuel George Saywell for several years. After many attempts at trying to locate any information on him, I was successful in finding him through the WWI Medal Rolls which states his regiment and rank.

Can anyone provide me with any information on the 121st Heavy Battery, Royal Garrison Artillery? He was also stationed in Dardanelles, Turkey during the Chanak Crisis at Christmas 1922.

Any information at all would be helpful.

I have a photograph dated 1923 September during the Chanak crisis of the Sgts 3rd Heavy Battery taken at Gallipoli. Could this be relevant to your search.

Mike