Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Bullecourt Museum Closed

Steve Bramley

Hi All,

I visited the Bullecourt Museum last week and as the title suggests it was closed. A local couple opposite informed us that M.Latille (sp.) was in hospital. Does anyone have any news? I hope he is o.k.

Steve.

Paul,

Give him the regards of the Dutch Gang of Four and wish him well.

We visited his museum in 2006 and 2007 and it is the ideal mix of hardware and sentiment.

He is an extraordinarily nice man.

Fred

Jean's had an operation where thay have removed a little bit of his intestine.He sounds to be doing ok but is,as you can imagine,not in the happiest of states but it's hoped he'll buck up when they remove the tube from hs nose.He's always loved his grub but is only allowed water at the moment so,another reason to be a bit low.

They reckon he will be in the clinic near Arras for at least a week.

I'll try & give him a ring later but,from what I hear,he should recover well & hopefully be out asap.

I'll pass on your regards.

Dave.

Jean's had an operation where thay have removed a little bit of his intestine.He sounds to be doing ok but is,as you can imagine,not in the happiest of states but it's hoped he'll buck up when they remove the tube from hs nose.He's always loved his grub but is only allowed water at the moment so,another reason to be a bit low.

They reckon he will be in the clinic near Arras for at least a week.

I'll try & give him a ring later but,from what I hear,he should recover well & hopefully be out asap.

I'll pass on your regards.

Dave.

Thanks for that Dave, very much appreciate the news.

Thanks for the news Dave.

Would yourself or Paul know an address to send him a card?

Steve.

Just bumping this up for the ANZAC's out there that may want to send best wishes.

I can get them printed off & sent to Jean ensemble if anyone wants.

Dave.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm very pleased to say that I have had a most enjoyable day at Bullecourt with Jean.

He appears livelier than before the op so it has done him good.

The museum still has a closed sign outside(he was in the clinic for a month so he's taking it easy)but a bus of 30 Aussies was expected this afternoon!

If you want to visit,please give him a ring in advance & you will save disappointment.

Here's his new mogs.Quatorze & dix-huit :lol:

Well,I never said he was original :rolleyes:

PICT2840.jpg

PICT2839.jpg

Oh,forgot to say that I passed on all of your best wishes to him.

That made him happy ^_^

• 2 months later...

I'm hoping to visit in late March. My only visit about 18 months or more ago was fascinating, and despite my schoolboy French I enjoyed a long conversation with M. Letaille. I hope that he will be well enough to receive one more Yorkshire visitor.

Keith

Thanks for that Paul

Keith