Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

CEF Books

dannybou

I have the CEF Roll of Honour, Mentioned in Despatches of the CEF, willing to do lookups.

Dear Danny

I have a Trio, Plaque and Memorial Cross to a 11092 Pte Septimus Harrison 4th Battn Canadian Inf. (Central Ontario Regt)

I have his service record Just wondering what the Roll says about him. Born in Shap in Cumbria and did 12 years in the RA before going to Canada.

Thanks very much

Alun

WOW! What are the odds of seeing this post and the word SEPTIMUS.

He is one of our Milton Soldiers .... can you give me more details as to what you have and pictures of his medals to add to his page on our web site.

He is one of the Milton Soldiers, linked to Milton but not on our cenotaph.

http://www.miltonhistoricalsociety.ca/Rese...ails/index.html

KIA June 16, 1915.

He is in our historical newspaper clippings as having died with Private Sidney Williams of Milton during the Battle of Givenchi. Tattoos on both arms of the flags of Britain and the USA. Son of Mary Harrison of Moffat, Ontario (close to Milton but not one of the Milton lads). You will see he is tagged YELLOW so I will do him once the rest are finished - Remembrance Day 2008 deadline looming!

If his case warrants, he will be added to the Milton Cenotaph. You might be able to help.

All the Milton Soldiers service records are on our web site here:

http://www.mediafire.com/cefsg

Richard

Information on your web site very useful to me in my research on Septimus. I have got His 1915 Trio, Death Plaque, Canadian Memorial Cross in original box with short purple ribbon.

Research wise I have his Canadian service record which told me he had done 12 yrs in the Royal Artillery.

I got his British records from Kew which are very interesting. Also have his 1881/1891 census entries when he was 1/11 show his father as Thomas general labourer and his mother as Mary born in Scotland. He had 5 brothers and 1 sister although not all are on both census so may have died young.

Keep in touch

Alun

Got your PM before I read this Alun, so his mother was Mary and he married Mary, so I have to figure out which one he was with in Canada when he attested, I assumed it was his wife.

I have inserted an image of what it said in the paper. I only have the extract but I can look into this further to see who the others were in the letter, who wrote it and when. It will be in the archives.

Richard

post-42-1221704612.jpg