Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Peter Fraser 2nd Bn Seaforths

stuart714

Struggling to find one or two men commemorated on local war memorial and might have found one.

Found medal card for Peter Fraser 2nd Battalion Seaforth with service number 1132 (was awarded 1914 Star, Victory and BWar Medals) entered 23.8.14. In remarks he is noted P.OW.

Now if he is the man I am interested where can I find out more about him being a POW. He is not listed in SDGW or CWGC or in behind the wire web site on POWS. His records are not listed on Ancestry. Also not buried locally as have checked with Cemeteries dept.

Where do I start about his POW history. Also what is the best way (if there is one) to trace him by his service number?

Any ideas much appreciated.

Stuart :huh:

Stuart,

Might this be him?

Surname FRASER

Firstname Peter

Service Number 10468

Date Death 09/05/1915

Decoration

Place of birth Nairn

Other 1st Bn.

SNWM roll THE SEAFORTH HIGHLANDERS

Rank Pte

Theatre of death F.& F.

Above from the Scottish National War Memorial site - link: http://www.snwm.org/website/main.html

He is on the Le Touret Memorial.

(I'm assuming all this from the Nairn connection!)

Ian

Ian

Yes - all have a Nairn connection - names on War memorial, which I am researching for book.

No I am afraid the man you listed is not the Peter Fraser I am interested in, though he is on the war memorial. The Peter Fraser you listed, is interesting as his father was in the Royal Defence Corps aged 65!

Thanks anyway

Stuart