Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Private Harry P Holland

Guest petehollandvet

Guest petehollandvet

Hello everybody. I have recently been given my Great Grandfather's WWI war medals - a victory medal, and a british war medal. I have no information regarding DOB, place of birth, Date of death etc, etc, etc.

He was in the Royal Lancashire Regiment, no 35027; and also the labour corp, no 580004. I found his medal roll on Ancestry LC/101B218, page 22211. I can't find anything else about him! There is nothing more on Ancestry.

Can anybody help or give advice, or am I wasting my time trying to find his service records or more information.

Regards

Hi Pete,

It doesn't look like he died in the war, do any relatives remember him ?

If he was alive when your Grandparents married then there will be some information on their wedding certificate about him and the same goes for your grandparents birth certificates (his age, occupation and address)

Start with what you know and work backwards

Grant

Pierre, Just a thought,if he served in the Royal Lancs Regt, the contact would be Mr Peter Donnelly BA AMA , Curator: Kings Own Royal Regiment Museum, Market Square, Lancaster LA1 1HT the Royal Lancs title was Kings Own (Royal Lancaster) Regiment, nothing to do with the Lancashire Fusiliers. Regards Ralph.

Many thanks, Ralph, sorry for my mistake, please forgive me. -_-

Cheers.

Pierre