Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Translated German Report the Collapse of the German Offensive 1918

MartH

Last year I enquired about documents appertaining to the Reichstag Commission investigating the responsibility for both the outbreak of war in 1914 and for the defeat in 1918.

Well I've found a translated copy of one of the technical advisor's reports - von Kul on 1918 and here are the links to the 2 parts:

Genesis, execution and collapse of the German Offensive in 1918: part 1, the preparation of the offensive.1

Genesis, execution and collapse of the German Offensive in 1918: part 2, the execution and failure of the offensive.

I've already started reading them, but it's over a hundred pages , got lots of tables, and maybe maps. It also covers the Allied offensive, and the German defence, as well as an insight into the High Command's thinking.

So any use to anyone, and how much is he trying to stick the knife in to certain people?

Its an interesting read - if I remember the printed version is a strain on the eyes but worth sticking to.

I'd listen to von Kuhl--one of the more objective historians of the war--and a double Pour le Merite winner-a real rarity.

Paul