Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Thank You

Terry Denham

Whilst our negotiations with MoD about funding for the 'In From The Cold Project' are progressing, we have received a small number of unsolicited donations for death certificate purchases from members. I would like to thank those members that have sent them to me.

I would especially like to thank the single member who sent me a large donation today. You know who you are.

This will enable us to order over twenty more certificates today.

We are not soliciting donations from members as we think funding should come from official sources but every little helps. An article is due to appear (subject to editorial decisions) in the September issue of 'Stand To' with the aim of raising the Project's profile and to spread public awareness - at least amongst the WW1 fraternity.

My sincere thanks to all the volunteers who have now had over 100,000 names through their hands for checking. Well done to everyone.

Terry

are you able to speak about the negotiations with the MOD - how is it going?

Chris

Chris

The word is 'slowly'!

I won't give details for obvious reasons but the Veterans Agency is being co-operative as is my local MP (very high profile), GRO and CWGC.

The problem is that no government department moves very quickly and, being honest, there is no real reason for urgency here (apart from our desire to get going properly). The names have been missing for years and a few more weeks/months will make no difference.

We will get there.

Terry

thanks for the answer

Just to let you know my local branch of the Royal Naval Association have agreed to fund any RN cases that I come across in my searches - have got 3 already - this was following a presentation I did at their meeting last month

Chris