Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Mesopotamia query

CKirkup

Does anyone know if any of these regiments served in Mesopotamia in WW1 (or if any of them definitely did not serve there)?

Loyal North Lancs

Middx

Welsh Regiment

Royal Field Artillery

The only thing my mother knows about her father's WW1 service was that he was in Mesopotamia

but we have no idea which regiment he was in

Any help would be appreciated?

I have also left the same query in the soldiers section

Thank you

Does anyone know if any of these regiments served in Mesopotamia in WW1 (or if any of them definitely did not serve there)?

Loyal North Lancs

Middx

Welsh Regiment

Royal Field Artillery

The only thing my mother knows about her father's WW1 service was that he was in Mesopotamia

Thank you

In terms of the RFA, I know minimally that the 336th and 337th Brigades served there, both as part of the 18th Indian Division that came over to Meso in late 1917. Someone will be along I'm sure to give further details of other units.

Loyal N Lancs (6th Battalion) and Welsh Reg (8th Btn) were both attached to 13th Division in mespot, as were units of RFA. Don't know about Middlesex. Regards, Peter

Loyal North Lancs

Middx

Welsh Regiment

Royal Field Artillery

Thank you

The 1/9th Middlesex were part of 18th Division in Meso from the winter of 1917/1918.

Ron

the 17TH Indian division included 2nd Battalion Queens Own, !/6th Hampshires, 1st Battalion Highland Light Infantry, plus 6th Light Armoured motor battery, not sure from your post whether these could be possibilities...