Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Mouquet Farm

elle72

Hello,

does anyone have a copy of the Mouquet Farm trench map around August/September 1916 or any other type of 'site' map showing the location of cellars and dugouts etc?

Cheers,

Elle

I have a feeling that I have posted this German trench map before in another context. However, here it is, corrected to 2 July 1916.

post-6447-1215328160.jpg

... and this is a detailed plan of the farm, the cellars of the various buildings and the tunnels which linked them. There is no indication of depth of the tunnels, but it cannot have been insubstantial: the various exits indicate a fairly large number of steps. If anything on the diagram is unclear, get back to me.

Jack

post-6447-1215328320.jpg

This is similar to the map attached to the 4th Battalion, AIF War Diary, for the Battalions move to Mouquet Farm.

There is also a good map attached to the Battalion War Diary, which is available online through the AWM site. It shows the points that the attack of the 18th August are referenced to.

SteveJ

Heres the area around Mouquet farm around the 18/19 of August 1916, I hope it helps a little

regards

Tom

post-5284-1215333608.jpg

And three trench maps merged to show a wider area around the farm......

Tom

post-5284-1215333996.jpg

thanks guys! appreciate the help :)