Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Lieutenant H. A. Nisbet

Conor Dodd

With it being that time of year I am doing a little research into a soldier who played many times and Wimbledon and other tennis tournaments Lieutenant Hugh (or Harold I have seen both names in different sources) Adair Nisbet served in the Boer War with the Imperial Yeomanry, but I have come across a Lt. H. A. Nisbet M.C. in the London Gazette that served in the First World War, I am not sure if this is the same man as I cannot find a Medal Index Card for him. No regiment is given just General List, any more information on this man or if anyone knows if this is the same man would be great. I also believe that he has an obituary in The Times but I will have to try get to a library with a subscription to look that up !!!

I have come across a Lt. H. A. Nisbet M.C. in the London Gazette that served in the First World War, I am not sure if this is the same man as I cannot find a Medal Index Card for him. No regiment is given just General List, any more information on this man

Conor

I don't think this is the same man, I believe the H. A. Nisbet M.C. to be this man.....

Lt. Henry Alexander Nisbet, Spec. List. awarded MC in the LG#30716, 3 June 1918.

Regards

Steve

Conor

I don't think this is the same man, I believe the H. A. Nisbet M.C. to be this man.....

Lt. Henry Alexander Nisbet, Spec. List. awarded MC in the LG#30716, 3 June 1918.

Regards

Steve

Thanks for that Steve it isn't the same man, suprising considering how unusual the name H. A. Nisbet must be !!!! I will try and track. Hugh/Harold Adair Nisbet's obituary now.

From The Times:

NISBET:_ On March 12, 1937, at 14 Kensington Park Rd., W., HUGH ADAIR NISBET, the third son of the late Harry Curtis Nisbet, aged 63. Funeral private. No flowers by request. (Hong Kong papers, please copy.)

I couldn't find an obituary for him.