Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Ataturk pics

Guest shug

The pic was taken during the Greco-Turkish war. probably before the decisive Battle of Afyon.

Although Mustafa Kemal did many things to contribute the turkish success at Gallipoli regarding him as the only factor is doing unjustice to many talented Turkish officers fought near Helles and Anzac. an example is Colonel Şefik Bey , commander of the 27th Regiment (9th Div) who defended the anzac penetration at the first day till Kemal's 57th Regiment arrived and counterattacked.

Thanks for the info! excellent stuff. I guess because of Kemals fame and what he did in the future would shadow others who like you say were also very talented.

I am reading this at the moment. That's Enver Pasha isn't it

186064533X.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Sultan Abdulhamid died in sorrow didn't he? after what the young Turks did? He was not so dumb as the history books some times make out was he.

I am not sure he is Enver. better compare with your own eyes:

121.jpg

Abdulhamid was a very clever politician. Some says he prolonged the collapse of the Empire for 30 years. It is a politically sensitive subject though. Turkish right see him as a great ruler, left regards him a despot. Probably he was in the grey area between the extremities.

I just looked the picture up! It is Enver with with Macedonian irregulars behind him.

Was painted by Fausto Zonaro it said. That's the Italian that moved to Turkey I think? or was that someone else :blink:

I read that the Sultan was in sorrow because of the Young Turks messing the Country up. Must have been hard for him :(

ki002.jpg

Here is another picture including many key officers in the Gallipoli Campaign:

* Mustafa Kemal is in the middle.

* To his right Esad Pasha (Commander of the 3rd Corps).

* left of Kemal is Rüştü Pasha commander of the 9th Division

* 3rd row 1st from right is Colonel Kannengiesser the chief of staff of the southern sector at Helles.

* The officer just behind of Esad Pasha's head is Fahrettin Pasha, chief of staff of the 3rd Corps.

This picture was taken during the late stages of the war at the Suvla sector. It is called Anafarta Heights. Mustafa Kemal is the commander of the Anafarta Group

Man, they can see only: 'ö' and 'ü'. They can not see: 'ş-ğ-ı'.

But i don't have any idea about 'ç'.

Bunun forum'un turkce desteklemesi ile bir alakalisi yok. bu direk olarak onlarin kullandiklari bilgisayarlar ile ilgili bir olay. Site kodlari asagida. tum dilleri destekleyen kod'u kullanmislar forumda.

..charset=iso-8859-1" />

ok? :)