Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Battle of Asiago, Italy – 15 and 16 June 1918

ceebee

I’d like to dedicate this post to those who took part in the Battle of Asiago 90 years ago.

If you have a chance, pop into a summary of the battle by Chris Baker here.

There is also an excellent 360 degree view from Yvan of Boscon British Cemetery, where many of the British casualties are buried.

Remembering Private H W Barker, York & Lancaster Regiment, who was awarded a DCM for repairing telephone lines under fire at the battle of Asiago.

Remembering the men of the 11th Notts & Derbys (The Men from the Greenwood) who died in the battle and after. And in particular Col Hudson, who was awarded a VC for his counter-attack on the day, and the headquarters details who charged up the hill with him, and kicked the Austrians out of the support trenches. My grandad earned his MM with Hudson that day.

Thanks for this reminder. The date had passed me by.

Thanks also for the reminder. I visited Asiago last summer and went to the British cemeteries on the plateau. We should also spare a thought for the many many thousands of Italians who died in the area - and for those in the Austro-Hungarian army who faced them.

Swizz

• 3 weeks later...
Guest brianpkay@ntlworld.com
I'd like to dedicate this post to those who took part in the Battle of Asiago 90 years ago.

If you have a chance, pop into a summary of the battle by Chris Baker here.

There is also an excellent 360 degree view from Yvan of Boscon British Cemetery, where many of the British casualties are buried.